Line number on Standard Output

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Is there a way to add the line number column that is generated on the Log Output and Error Output to the Standard Output.

After we load a row to the flow, it is then validated to business rules and if it fails validation an error message is generated.

All the error messages along with the ones generated by the Error Output are then written to a table.

So now i have some errors with a line number and others without it.

Any suggestions?

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2010 at 10:36 PM

This has been requested by a few people now. While it's not that hard to add the column, it could be tricky to present to the user in an intuitive way.

Here are a few options I've considered, maybe you can let me know your thoughts:

Option 1
A simple checkbox allowing the user to tick it if they want to include the file line number with the standard output rows. The column would be hard coded to something like "__dfs_filelinenumber" (as in something unlikely to already be used)

Option 2
As above except add a text box allowing the user to specify the column name.

Option 3
Somehow integrate it into the Advance Column Editor page of the UI. This could cause confusion with regards to ordering it with the actual file columns.

Option 1 would definitely be the easiest. Not sure Option 3 would even make sense.

Regards,
Rob